There are now many different options for Hearing Aids in Norwich CT. Hearing aids can help individuals to regain their hearing and allow them to adjust their hearing volume for different listening scenarios. With so many types available, it can be a little confusing making a determination on which one will be most beneficial. It can be helpful to learn as much as possible about the types and schedule an appointment with the audiologist.
- Invisible in the canal hearing aids are tiny and are made specifically for patients, so they fit precisely inside their ear canal. Once these are in place, they are not detectable by others. These hearing aids are removed at night and provide hearing improvement for those with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- A completely in the canal hearing aid is much like the invisible type because they are small and made for a precise fit inside the canal. The only thing that shows is a tiny plastic handle that allows the hearing aid to be removed. This hearing aid is helpful for those who have mild to moderate hearing loss.
- In the canal hearing aids fit inside the canal, but a small portion of the hearing aid shows in the ear. The hearing aid is made of a flesh-colored material to help it blend in with a person’s ear. This hearing aid can be used for mild to mildly severe hearing loss.
- In the ear hearing aids is custom made to fit inside the outer ear. While the entire hearing aid does show, they are made to blend in with the ear, so they are less noticeable than some types. This type is for mild to mildly severe hearing loss.
- Behind the ear, models make use of a clear tube that sends amplified sound directly into the ear canal. The main piece attaches around the back of the ear. This model is for moderate to severe hearing loss.
If you are in need of Hearing Aids in Norwich CT, check out our website. Scheduling an appointment with the audiologist will allow you to have your hearing tested to determine whether or not a hearing aid is needed.