Addiction does not vanish after you leave a treatment facility. It is a chronic problem – one remaining with you for the rest of your life. Rehab centers understand this. They know the battle against addiction does not end when you exit their treatment program. In Fort Lauderdale, the best rehab facilities provide help after you leave. They offer you aftercare designed to keep you from relapsing.
Aftercare is an essential component of a good rehab program. It provides the support you may need as you make your way back into the world. When looking at treatment centers, see what aftercare programs they offer. Whether or not aftercare is part of the treatment center you attend, ask the following about the program.
- Does it provide you with the type of services you need?
- Is the focus on group sessions or on one-on-one?
- Is there a focus on one aspect of recovery, e.g., avoiding relapse, developing personal relationships?
- Is there a service you can contact 24/7?
- Do they provide you with encounters with role models and let you act as a role model to residents in the rehab centers in your region, including Fort Lauderdale?
- Is it practical – addressing such specific needs as childcare, economics, housing, etc.?
- How long does the aftercare program last?
- Is transportation available for those who cannot – or are not allowed to drive?
Ask questions about the aftercare program before you become an active member. Do your research. Understand what works best for you before you agree to sign on to what could be a lengthy commitment. You need a program that works for and with you.
Rehab Centers and Aftercare
Aftercare is extremely important for recovering addicts. Not all rehab centers in Fort Lauderdale, for example, offer such programs on-site. Before you enter rehab, see if your choice does. If not, make sure they can assist you in finding the right program to address your individual needs when you leave.