The Metropolitan Institute of Pain is the leading team of Board Certified Medical Doctors in Chicago who offer regenerative therapy as a pain management treatment. PRP Therapy Chicago is the latest treatment that many professional athletes receive in order to heal and return to playing sooner. This treatment does not require surgery and there is no downtime. This therapy has been used for approximately twenty years to help with medical issues such as wound healing. It has been used in the fields of dentistry, cosmetic surgery, orthopedics, and sports medicine, and has recently been discovered this therapy can help with hair restoration. It is important people learn all they can about this therapy option so they can decide if it is for them.
There are several components used from the blood for PRP Therapy:
• Platelet-derived growth factor is responsible for new cell growth, the repair of blood vessels, and collagen production.
• Fibroblast growth factor helps with tissue repair, cell growth, and collagen and hyaluronic acid production.
• Vascular endothelial growth factor is responsible for the growth of new endothelial cells.
• Transforming growth factor promotes wound healing by helping with the neogenesis and growth of vascular cells.
• Ephitelial growth factor promotes the growth of ephitelial cell growth and wound healing.
When one comes in for this therapy, they will have their blood drawn just as they would at their doctor’s office. It is vital a person is hydrated to ensure the doctor will be able to gather as much plasma as possible. The blood sample is then spun in a centrifuge machine so the platelet rich plasma can be separated from the other blood components.
The scalp is carefully numbed and then the doctor uses microneedling to inject the platelet rich plasma into the tissues of the scalp. For most patients, the procedure takes around an hour and will need to be performed every four to six weeks, for optimal results. Once one has reached their desired level of hair growth, they will need to have maintenance treatments twice a year.
If you are unhappy with your appearance because of your thinning hair, learning about this therapy will allow you to decide if it can benefit your needs. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy Chicago offered by Metropolitan Institute of Pain helps professional athletes heal faster! To know more, call 312-757-4647.