Everyone, old and young alike, assuredly feels anxiety at some point in their lives, whether when facing a deadline at work, taking a big exam at school or preparing for one of the life’s monumental decisions. However, those who schedule appointments for Anxiety Counseling in Chalfont PA, are doing so because they have an anxiety disorder where the condition simply will not go away and, in fact, only worsens over time. Keep in mind there are multiple versions of anxiety disorders, and you could have one, two, or all three of them at any given time. These include a general disorder, panic, and social anxiety.
General Anxiety Disorder
The first thing to remember is just because you exhibit one or even two or three of the symptoms listed below does not mean you have General Anxiety Disorder. It just could be an indication there’s a problem. The following are symptoms commonly exhibited for General Anxiety Disorder.
* A constant feeling of restlessness
* Continual feelings of fatigue
* Sleep difficulties despite feelings of fatigue. Difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep or the feeling of an unsatisfactory sleep
* Constant, unexplained irritability
Panic Anxiety Disorder
Have you ever experienced unexplained and completely unexpected panic attacks? These are abrupt situations where intense fear causes your heart to beat extremely fast, you to break out in sweat or shaking and trembling occur. You may become short of breath or feel like you’re choking or smothering. Sometimes, it may just feel like something terrible is about to occur. When these panic attacks begin happening on a frequent basis, and you feel complete out of control during them, it may be time to seek help from a professional. You can visit here to get more information.
Should you be one with a social phobia, you may feel you never measure up in social or performance contexts for fear of being judged or embarrassed. Now, everyone feels this way at one time or another, but the disorder symptoms include:
* Difficulty talking to people in social situations
* Constant feelings of self-consciousness, humiliation and fear over offending other people
* Worry for long periods before an event
* Difficulty making and keeping close relationships
* Nausea when others are close
If Anxiety Counseling in Chalfont PA, seems like something you need, call Mary V. Shull Counseling to talk about your particular situation. Get help now.