Having bariatric surgery in Roswell, NM, is a fantastic first step on your weight loss journey, and you will notice right away how much better you feel, especially where having extra energy you previously didn’t have is concerned. However, it’s vitally important you understand this is only a first step on the journey. In order to make sure you get the most out of your bariatric surgery, you must follow certain dietary guidelines to make sure the weight doesn’t come back. So what kind of guidelines are we discussing here?
General Dietary Guidelines for Post Bariatric Surgery Patients
Here are some tips and tricks you can use to make certain the weight doesn’t ever return after your successful bariatric surgery in Roswell, NM:
- Make sure your meals are both balanced and planned out for portion control
- Your diet shouldn’t have a lot of calories, fats or sugars in it
- Make daily notes of both the size of your food portions and how many calories you’re eating each day, along with the amount of protein.
- At the risk of stating the obvious, don’t eat quickly and chew your food thoroughly in small sized bites.
- Make certain to avoid starches, such as breads or rice-based foods, vegetables that haven’t been cooked, fresh fruits and meats that are more difficult to chew, such as pork or beef.
- You shouldn’t use straws when you drink or imbibe any type of carbonated beverage. Both of these behaviors could place air into your pouch, which would cause immense discomfort.
- The total amount of your daily caloric intake should not exceed 1,000 calories at any time.
If you would like to know more about bariatric surgery and how it can improve your life in Roswell, NM, contact Memorial Weight Loss Center through their website today.